Classroom management course

Before this gets started, if you are not a member of CI Liftoff on Facebook, you are missing out on so many great ideas and an amazingly supportive community. The amazing Tina Hargaden runs it and I just love, love, love this group!



After I joined the CI Liftoff group, I had seen other members post that they had taken a class with Jon Cowart. This class is specifically geared towards Classroom Management for a CI teacher.  I had been wanting to take a classroom management course for some time. Like years. I just felt like my district's PD on this subject had been lacking and I felt tired and burnt out every day from not having a great hold on my class. Also, CI is just it's own being and requires a specific set of skills that must be honed, I just didn't know what those skills were. I ended many days with very little energy and not feeling like I had gotten much accomplished because all I did was tell kids to "be quiet and listen to what I'm saying so that you know what's going on!" Yikes.

Tina posted in the group looking for volunteers to watch like... 9 hours of Jon's videos and take notes on what we learned but we would have access to his courses for free to create a "Best of" Jon Cowart.

Let me just tell ya. This guy is where it's at. His strategies might change your life. They certainly are changing mine. I can't wait to get back into the classroom and apply every thing I learned (9 times over) to my kids. They are going to THRIVE! All because I have an arsenal of ideas and strategies to throw out. I am so excited.

The class is like $200 I think, but if you can swing it or apply for a grant, I can't recommend it more. I even teach a few Immersion classes and some of his strategies are going to be useful in that class, too. I am ecstatic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Language Acquisition Lesson

Planning out week 1

Week 3 sub plan ideas