Rejoinders posters + Bitmoji

I am so excited to be writing this post. I just put the finishing touches on formatting some amazing rejoinders using my Bitmoji! Oh man do I find them hilarious.

This idea sprang from my favorite Facebook PLC over at CI Liftoff  where another teacher had used her Bitmojis to create some posters and I thought "OMG I have to do this with rejoinders!" I already had a list of great ones that I believe came from Grant Boulanger and then I asked the members of CI Liftoff to help me finish out with their students' favorites.  I just love how they turned out! They are the perfect amount of silly+visual to aid in kid's comprehension. I have grandiose plans to do passwords this year and these rejoinders will fit perfectly with that plan.

Making these posters was so simple. All you have to do is go into your  settings and change the language of your phone to Spanish. (Bitmoji stickers are currently only available in French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, and Japanese.) Open your Bitmoji app (not the keyboard, the actual app) and you can choose from a huge variety of hilarious images in the target language! When you click the Image, it pulls up your phone's options for what to do with an image and I airdropped it right to my laptop and saved it to downloads. Then dragged and dropped it into my Google Doc and bam! Hilarious, engaging posters for my rejoinders are done.  Even if Bitmoji isn't available in your language, there are still so many that don't have words that fit perfectly with the rejoinders.

Here are some of my favorites:






I am having a great time over here creating these posters. I have probably about 10 more that I can't wait to print out and get hung up in my room! It's going to be hard to decide which rejoinder to start with! Can't wait!


ETA:

In the past 12 hours I have learned that you can add a Bitmoji extension to your browser to make this process even easier! You will still have to change your browser's preferred language to your TL to get the Bitmojis in your language but it is easier than the process that I did.

I also figured I should add a link to all the posters I made so that you can easily recreate them using your own Bitmoji!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Love these! Allison Litten (cicanteach.com, @madamelitten) has great rejoinder posters in French that use her bitmoji; I bet she would be happy to share if someone wants to modify them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 sub plan ideas

Second Language Acquisition Lesson

Week 1 and Syllabus